Friday, January 21, 2011

Magicalism

“The world is too much with us,” and I want OUT. Well, out of the Muggle World, that is. This 2D project has (true to intent) "transported" me, helped me better clarify what I do and do not want. It's the Muggle World – bleak, sprawling, soulless “reality" – that makes me want to run for the hills. For me, the only anecdote is the Magical World. Which is to say, I have to do a better job of creating Magical Things.

In searching for images to convey my vision, I have been endlessly frustrated by the lack of high quality, Harry Potter Magicalism. But I’ve made my decision: I’m going to create and occupy my own world. Since this MATA program is about as close as I may ever get to Hogwarts, I’m going to go full tilt toward Magical Insanity.

For this blog I will post only images and thoughts having to do with said *Magicalism.* Because I know I am responsible for creating my own world. And this is the only one I want to live in!



No comments:

Post a Comment