Sunday, February 13, 2011

Our 3D Project: My Weird Orange Thingamajig

Since I had to spend most of yesterday's class outside, collecting my materials and spray painting that awful, toxic primer, I wanted to share the final result. Here's how it played out:

1. Discovery of tree branch
2. Finding two metal table legs at Urban Ore
3. Discovery of second tree branch
4. Buying metal plates and screws and a round wood base to screw them into
5. Buying white primer, priming everything, trying not to breath it in, waiting for it to dry
6. Repainting orange at home (the color of fire and exhuberance!)
7. Taking Amy's excellent advice and painting one branch (the most magical branch!)
8. Assembling into a) modern coat rack or b) weird sculpture or c) indoor tree d) all of the above, i.e., "My Weird Orange Thingamajig"
9. Viola!





4 comments:

  1. Oh how wonderful this is!!!! I want one in every color, thank you lol. (the final set up is perfect!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elizabeth -- absolutely the right pairing of containment and magical tree!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think everybody is going to want one! beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, it's poetically beautiful ! I can see a series of them... The documentary I saw on Benoit Mandelbrot's fractal pattern theory discussed the patterns of tree branches mathematically as an illustration of the science behind beauty in nature...

    ReplyDelete